Who Can Benefit From Repicci II
Persons 50 and older who show one or more of the following symptoms may benefit from this procedure:
- Pain while standing.
- Pain while walking short distances.
- Pain changing position, such as sitting to standing.
- Persistent knee swelling.
- Giving out or locking of the knee.
- Failure of the knee to respond to medical treatment.
Knee X-rays, taken while standing, can indicate if the Repicci procedure may be appropriate. The X-ray must show complete loss of the joint cartilage in one of the two weight-bearing compartments, as demonstrated in Figure 4.
X-rays showing a healthy knee (left) and the loss of cartilage and the formation of osteoarthritis (right).